ERDDAP has an email/URL subscription system so that you can be notified immediately whenever
a dataset changes (for example, whenever new data is added to a near-real-time dataset).
The system can send you an email or contact a URL that you specify.
See also this comparison
with ERDDAP's RSS subscription service.
- ERDDAP will store the information that you provide, including your email address.
- ERDDAP will treat the information that you provide as confidential and will not release it to
- These subscriptions have nothing to do with getting the actual data (see
ERDDAP's home page).
- ERDDAP is very good at detecting changes to gridded datasets because it can detect when
the axis values (e.g., the time values) change.
- ERDDAP is not very good at detecting changes to tabular datasets because there are usually
no changes to the metadata when new data is added.
- ERDDAP will detect if a dataset becomes unavailable (but perhaps not immediately).
ERDDAP will immediately detect when that dataset becomes available again.
- ERDDAP makes no promises about the suitability, reliability, or correctness of this service
(see ERDDAP's DISCLAIMERS).
Don't abuse this system by entering someone else's email address!
If you do, you may be blocked from using ERDDAP. Your IP address will be included in the email
with the subscription invitation. So if you enter someone else's email address, the email recipient
and the ERDDAP administrator will be able to figure out that you did it.
Or, you can request an email with a
list of your valid and pending subscriptions.
ERDDAP, Version 1.60
Questions, comments, suggestions? Please send an email to
jimp at hawaii dot edu
and include the ERDDAP URL directly related to your question or comment.